Welcome to SPPU-PDF
Savitribai Phule Pune University, one of the premier universities in India, is positioned in the North-western part of Pune city. It occupies an area of about 411 acres. It was established on 10th February, 1949 under the Poona University Act. The university houses 46 academic departments. It is popularly known as the 'Oxford of the East'. It has about 307 recognized research institutes and 612 affiliated colleges offering graduate and undergraduate courses.
|Savitribai Phule Pune University|
Postdoctoral research is an important avenue for young motivated researchers who wish to acquire new skills and develop their academic career. It also creates independent researchers under the guidance of an accomplished Mentor. A good mix of graduate, doctoral, and postdoctoral fellows helps in achieving academic excellence of academic Institutes. Trained postdoctoral fellows are considered as potential faculty for the academic institutes across the globe. All the top academic institutes in the world promote such research activities. However postdoctoral research culture is not widely established in India.With this in mind,Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has recently launched Savitribai Phule Pune University Postdoctoral Fellowship (SPPU-PDF) Program.The salient features of this program are as follows:
- The PDF program is aimed at enhancing the quality of research at SPPU and generating trained manpower for taking up research and teaching careers.
- The scheme is created to work mostly electronically.
- These Fellowships are open to meritorious Ph.D. degree holders in science, technology, commerce, humanities, languages etc. who are domicile residents of Maharashtra State only.
- SPPU-PDF is a full time research program.
- These Fellowships are open to researchers below the age of 32 years. Age relaxation of 5 years for all reserved category-, women- as well as differently abled (PH) candidates will be given.